If you have problems with your hair, it is very important to eat the right foods to detox. Eating the right foods also means avoiding foods you don’t tolerate.
Eating foods you are intolerant to will stop detoxification and will make a leaky gut worse. Not eating the right foods will also inhibit detoxification.
Here are a few basic rules if you want to help your body to detox.
- Drink filtered or bottled water. If you are not used to drinking water, start slowly with 1/2 glass a day, then build up to about 1 1/2 litres a day.
- Eat vegetables. Cooked vegetables are better than raw vegetables because cooked vegetables help the liver to detox whereas raw vegetables can be hard on your digestive system, especially if you have a leaky gut. A leaky gut is common amongst people with hair loss.
- When cooking or warming food or drink, never use a microwave. Microwaving destroys enzymes because it makes the food molecules spin too fast which nukes them. In an experiment with microwaved water, two plants from the same batch were separated and one of them watered with tap water, the other one with cooled down water which had been microwaved before. The microwave-water-plant died.
- You will need to eat animal protein, and no, animal protein is NOT the same as plant protein. If you have metal toxicity in the body, your body cannot detox from the metals unless you eat meat, fish and/or eggs. You only need to eat 2 tablespoons a day, not more.
For men: avoid fatty meat and cheese and have these only rarely. Both fatty meat and cheese can distort male hormones.
- Avoid wheat completely.
- Reduce gluten containing grains to nearly zero. Gluten is in rye, barley, oats, cous cous, tapioca, spelt, bulgur, semolina, kamut, farro, durum and tritical.
- Eat your meat for breakfast or at lunchtime if at all possible and eat lots of cooked vegetables in the evening. That way, your body has time to digest the meat during the day and you end up with alkaline vegetables for the night.
- Eat very little fruit. Fungal problems are often present in hair loss are fungus is made worse by fruit sugars.
Eating the right foods and avoiding the wrong foods, drinking water and eating animal proteins will help the body to start detoxing. What it cannot do is to remove heavy metals or invasive organisms from the body. For that, you will need the right supplements.
Taking the right supplements will not work unless you eat the right foods, avoid the wrong foods, drink water and eat animal proteins.
Is there any scientific evidence that supports hair sample testing? I am yet to find any?
I don’t know whether there is any scientific evidence, but at a success rate of over 50% of people with improved hair growth when they follow my tested supplement plan, I’m not too worried about it.
Ok. Thank you Vera.
Thank you Vera.
What are the possible supplements?
These vary from person to person, depending on the existing toxicities.